With the proliferation of technology that is intended to give great focus on the supply chain data, the ability of companies to get an access and interpret crucial business information is no longer an added feature. In fact, has become a necessity. Being able to get a grasp on better supply chain visibility is like having the ability to recognize significant role of gauging the current location of the shipment, delivery schedules, and inventory levels as well as how companies were able to satisfy the demands.
Since running a supply chain that transports hundreds of thousands of products had come up in an entirely new perspective. It became imperative that companies should be able to navigate these complexities on keeping an eye on the plummeting inventories, innovations, and hike in the customer expectations, the need to improve the quality and levels of service as well the occurrence of uncontrollable events.
With the growth of the e-commerce platform and the fulfillment in the omnichannel, shorter lead times and amplified client expectation when it comes to product shipping, this has resulted to the need of improving the supply chain visibility. In order to meet these pressuring demands of the market, the manufacturing companies, retailers as well as distributors were advised to invest on logistics and on supply chain management technologies for them to be able to compete in the dynamic market.
Being able to have better visibility on the supply chain enables companies to adjust effortlessly and be able to embrace the demands of the customers. It helps in mitigating disruption, where companies can pre-plan any possible disruptions and be able to react positively if by any chance the situation occurs. It enables them to dynamically plan and adjust on their ready-made supply chain design that includes the contingency plan in managing certain emergencies.
With this in hand, it serves as the company’s advantage over others when it comes to dealing with unexpected situations and emergencies especially if this is worked with third-party logistics (3PL) for the reason that many companies have no direct internal control, proper technologies as well as competencies to meet both ends.
Since there’s always a big challenge to conquer in e-commerce and omnichannel at present, having the 3PLs around to provide outsourced fulfillment services for various order types, transportation modes, shipping windows, and delivery schedule at a competitive price, is ideal in this industry. There are third-party logistics providers that provide services for distribution, packaging, transportation management, the design on the supply chain, and deployment of the logistics system.
And to make the navigation of the complexities in the supply chain visibility become a success, here are the effective steps to keep the retail or wholesale operation on track:
- Utilization of latest technologies in order to capture crucial supply chain data
- Evaluation of products and accumulation of supply chain to move goods more efficiently to the fulfillment center.
- Setting up of supply chain routes, modes of transportation and networks of logistics to accommodate a plethora of products based on the source point.
- Application of advanced technologies on analytics, tracking and planning to ensure direct control, custody and care of goods where demands are planned and the disruptions are mitigated.
- Compliance to rules, regulations, and practices in the industry and country the product is intended to.
- Collaboration with the most trusted and reliable third-party agencies that specialize in engineering, operation and integration of systems in managing the inventory across the supply chain.